Gujarat Panchayati Raj : Gk Online Test For Competitive Exams :: Gujarat Panchayat Act 1993, is in force in Gujarat state subject to the 73rd amendment in the constitution of India. By this act, the management and monitoring of the panchayati Raj is to be done in the state. Three tier system prevails in Gujarat state viz. Gram Panchayat. Taluka Panchayat.
Gujarat Panchayati Raj
State villages have always been assigned importance in our social as well as economic activities. Since, ancient times ‘Gram’ remain stand as a unit. At present, majority of countries population living in rural areas.
Mahatma Gandhi, described village as a unit for gram swaraj. Gram swaraj means, totally independent from neighbors for one’s own great desires, but it is reliable each other as dependent republic.
Panchayati Raj has come into existence as an important measure in the direction of decentralization from the very beginning in Gujarat state. Panchayati Raj is being implemented in Gujarat with unambiguous policy and intention to see that community at large may participate in strengthening panchayati raj and in the development journey of government.
You Can Also Check :STD 3 to 8 Tas falavani Aayojan
Gujarat Panchayat Act 1993, is in force in Gujarat state subject to the 73rd amendment in the constitution of India. By this act, the management and monitoring of the panchayati Raj is to be done in the state.
Three tier system prevails in Gujarat state viz.
Gk Online Test For Competitive Exams
- Gram Panchayat
- Taluka Panchayat
- District Panchayat
Functions of three-tire panchayat structure in Gujarat state are distributed as under:
- Drinking water facilities for domestic use and for animals.
- Scavenging of roads in the villages.
- Maintenance of govt. properties
- Lighting arrangement in villages
- Spread of education including primary education in villages.
- Planning of rural development
- Supervision of crops in the outskirt of village.
- Planning for agricultural improvements
- Planning for Agricultural Reforms.
- Provide health and hygiene services in talukas
- Control on epidemics
- Constructions and maintenance of village roads.
- Establishment and management of primary schools.
- Agricultural improvements and planning at taluka level.
- Women welfare, development on youth activities and assistance
- Help in natural & manmade disasters like flood, fire accidents etc.
- Control over activities of district panchayats, taluka panchayats and gram panchats, to provide assistance. Management and control on activities transferred from revenue, education co-operation Irrigation, Cattle breeding, agriculture by State Govt. work of activities of Panchayats Department at district level.
Shikshanjagat is providing quality material for aspirants who are preparing for government exams.